Pages

Monday, August 15, 2005

Momma,

Thank you for the opportunity to make things. You encouraged me to believe that I could do anything that I set my mind to. Remember when you sat at the typewriter and I practiced piano in the same room? I would imagine that the stories you were writing were creating worlds around me and my piano. The sound of a typewriter still makes me feel nostalgic. You were an ordinary person with an extraordinary imagination. You helped me to see that regular people make a difference every day. You helped me to realize that there is magic in everything we all do and that each moment we live is a gift.

What would I have done without your stories? You made the Grimm brothers the funniest guys on earth. (What exactly was that big bad wolf after again?) Thank you for reading to me and showing me that quiet time spent with a good book just might be some of the best travelling I would ever do.

I can't wait to drink mint juleps with you in Savannah. You are as magical and wild as any old, Southern city could be. I love you.

Laura